Interactive Vaulting Instructor
Dynamic gymnastic positions on the back of an equine.
Interactive Vaulting is an activity in which the students perform movements on and around the horse. These movements can be very simple such as sitting without holding onto the surcingle or a more elaborate vaulting position move, such as kneeling or standing on the horse. An Interactive Vaulting Instructor is able to create a safe, dynamic environment that offers educational, social, creative and movement opportunities to participants engaged in horsemanship activities.
Steps to Certification for Interactive Vaulting
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- Create a portal and purchase PATH Intl. Professional Level Membership
- Possess any level PATH Intl. Therapeutic Riding Instructor certification – CTRI, Advanced or Master TRI
- Submit proof of current adult & child CPR and first aid certifications
- Purchase PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting Application and Student Manual
- Attend a PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting on-site workshop no less than 60 days prior to your intended date of certification. This workshop is a requirement to be eligible for PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting Instructor certification.
- Successfully complete the online PATH Intl. Standards Course and exam (exam score valid for one year)
- Successfully complete the online, timed and proctored PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting Instructor certification exam (exam score valid for two years)
- Documentation of 20 hours instructing interactive vaulting lessons at a PATH Intl. center
- Documentation of 30 hours of lungeing
- Submit certification application paperwork to the host site
- Attend a PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting on-site certification event
- Submit additional certification paperwork to the host site
PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting Instructor Application Booklet
PATH Intl. Professional Code of Ethics
We all know how horses can create spaces where participants can feel listened to, safe and calm. Seeing how transforming this can be for so many individuals who are hurting has propelled me even further in my own personal journey.
Questions? We are here to help.
Send us your name, email address and message about the PATH Intl. Interactive Vaulting credential below and we’ll respond as soon as possible.